Monday, December 10, 2012

Let the Flakes Fall Where They May

Today is my birthday and my husband outdid himself this year!!  He knows how much I love anything chippy with the paint flaking off and when he gave me this planter and plant stand I was blown away.  They look right at home on my back porch next to a chippy chair that belonged to my parents.

ps2

ps4

I filled the plant stand with magnolia leaves, pine cones, and moss covered sticks from the yard.   Still trying to decide what to put in the planter.

ps3

I gifted myself with this precious little winter bird and mossy nest that I found on sale at Trees N Trends.   The bird and nest was set in a bowl that was a TJ Maxx find this past summer and was surrounded by a miniature pearl garland to give the illusion of snow.

bird

Thank you for sharing my birthday with me!

Marlee

I will be joining the following parties:

Mod Mix Monday @ Mod Vintage Life

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

2 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Oh, Marlee- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I hope your day is awesome and your year is happy, healthy and full of laughter and smiles.

With many more birthdays to come.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Happy Birthday my friend!!!! Wonderful gift you have here...thanks for sharing it at my party this week.

Blessings,
Linda