Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Big Fat June Yard Sale Bonanza

June was a good month for me.  There were yard sales every weekend where I could have spent a small fortune but I exercised some restraint.   Here are a few of the highlights of my treasure hunting.  I can’t take credit for the purchase of this lovely stained glass window.   My husband spotted it at a yard sale and bought it.  He used to scoff at me for going to yard sales and now I have him trained in acquisition and the fine art of bargaining.   Currently this lovely piece  is sitting in a window until I can decide where and how to hang it.  The panes are not colored but when the light hits them just right it creates an iridescent glow.

window1

Now on to my finds.   All these goodies were found for under $20.00:  a harp backed chair; a small pitcher with a delicate rose pattern; hand painted magnolia artwork (no way could Sweet Magnolia Soul pass those up) and the metal tole chandelier with flower petals surrounding each light. Can't wait to get that spray painted and hung in my dining room.

Haul3

It has been awhile since I found furniture that wasn’t priced out of my budget but this weekend proved to be an exception.   The lady I bought these pieces from made the white one on the left using an old vintage window.  It’s a keeper as is the black wicker table which is about to get spray painted white.   Most likely I will sell the dresser to help finance my yard sale addiction.

YS

Thanks for joining me on my thrifty journeys!  Have a Happy 4th!

Marlee

I will be sharing my treasures with Rhoda at

Southern Hospitality for her June Thrifty Treasures party.

1 comment:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh my...you really did get some awesome treasures. Love the stain glass...the window/cabinet and that wonderful chandy.

Blessings,
Linda