Friday, June 25, 2010

Bird Feeder ReDo

Hi y'all. I have had this rusty bird feeder in my back yard for several years now. I was inspired to spray paint it with Rust-Oleum Hammered copper paint by a similar project on the My Backyard Eden blog. The can says it can be painted directly over rust so that is exactly what I did. The can also said to remove loose paint and rust with a brush or sandpaper before painting but I did not do that because I did not have a brush or sandpaper handy and I was ready to let the spraying begin. Let's just say the bird feeder has character (who really wants perfect...certainly not me). I also painted a wind spinner that had previously been purple. I forgot to take a before picture of it. I still have paint in the can so I am certain that I will find something else just dying to be painted copper.

Here are the before and after pictures of the bird feeder and the after picture of the wind spinner.




I am going to link this to:
The Shabby Chic Cottage

The Shabby Nest

No comments: