Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hotty Toddy

Hi everyone…hope you had a fantastic weekend.    Mine was fabulous!    I spent the weekend in Oxford, MS….home of the University of Mississippi or as we affectionately refer to them….the Ole Miss Rebels.    Hotty Toddy is their signature school cheer.

Oxford is a quaint, small town that just oozes with charm.    The Square is a happening place full of great restaurants and shops.   If the Rebels are playing football, tailgating in the Grove is the place to be.     It literally becomes a tent city in the Grove on football weekends.     Some tents are decorated, some tents have live music, all tents have food and drink but the overall vibe is that of a good time!   And a good time we had.     Contributing to our good time was a victory over Fresno State.

Since the game didn’t start until 6:30 p.m. I started out my day by sitting on my sister in law’s balcony drinking my tea, reading magazines and watching people walk by.     At lunchtime we walked to the Square, had a wonderful lunch in one of the many locally owned restaurants, and then shopped.      I came home with a new pair of boots!  {big smile on my face}

Love how this shoe shop had their shoes displayed on old Readers Digest books.    See the shoes hanging from the tree?   How cute is that?     I didn’t take a picture but they also had shoes displayed on the tops of old suitcases.

After a couple of hours of shopping we headed to the Grove for tailgating.    Along the way we passed many beautiful homes.    Oxford has an abundance of them.

Love the architecture on this home.    I can just see myself sitting on those rocking chairs on the porch.   You can get a closer look by clicking on the picture.

Here is another beauty with a wrap around porch and beautiful knock out roses in full bloom.    This house was surrounded by a wrought iron fence.    Once again, I can sit myself sitting on this porch with a mint julep cup of hot tea in my hand.

I don’t know what this cute little building is but it has a tin roof and gorgeous stained glass windows.     It is on the same property as the house with the wrap around porch.

In Oxford you can catch a ride on one of these double decker buses.

Or in a Rock Star Taxi.

IMG_1442

My wonderful weekend has ended and I am back home to reality which at the moment means washing several loads of clothes.    If you are ever traveling through North Mississippi, I highly recommend visiting Oxford.    I think you will be as captivated by its charm as I am.

Thanks for stopping by.   Have a great week!

Marlee

1 comment:

Cortney said...

I love the shoe display-very original. I'd love to ride a double decker bus...it's as close to a London experience as I will get! Did you ride?