Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bath time

 

OutdoorWednesdaybutton54333333333332

I am linking to the Outdoor Wednesday party at A Southern Day Dreamer

Every day around 6:30 p.m. I have a visitor in my backyard who takes a bath.    Today, I was waiting with camera in hand to catch him in the act.    These pictures were taken from my sun porch through double paned glass so they aren’t the best quality.

I didn’t have to wait too long before Mr. Bluejay arrived for his nightly ritual.

You haven’t splashed all the water out yet so dive in again.

This picture is blurry, but it was the only one where I was able to capture the splashing of water.  

After Mr. Bluejay departed, a mourning dove took her bath and then a blue bird.     The light was fading so I couldn’t get their picture.    Apparently this was the happening place to be tonight for all our feathered friends.

Moving on to another section of the yard, I see Mr. and Mrs. Cardinal stopping by their evening meal.     Please ignore the junk in the background….I have added cleaning the yard to my honey’s to  do list.     

Thank you for stopping by.    I hope you enjoyed spending time with me and my feathered friends.

Have a good week!

Marlee

4 comments:

Light and Voices said...

You provide a place for birds to take a bath/shower and a place to eat. You are such a good person. Love all the bird photos.
Joyce M

Donnie said...

I loved seeing all your fine feathered friends. Lovely photos.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What sweet visitors you have. I'm sure they enjoy every moment in your yard. We have a birdbath, but I don't see too many feathered friends out there yet. Thanks for visiting with me. Love the comment about helping the economy:)

eileeninmd said...

Cute shots of bath time. The birds do seem to love bathing. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter.