Monday, July 4, 2011

Colorful Reflections

Happy Independence Day to all my American friends and Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends!  This is my first time to write a post that actually includes the word tablescape because on most days my tablescapes consist of salt and pepper shakers with a splash of  Louisiana hot sauce and a dash of clutter.     I have been a bit intimidated by all the tablescape talent out there but I got a compliment this weekend on my attempt at a tablescape and it unleashed the confident  beast in me.

The acacia wood tray was a $1 garage sale find earlier this summer and the inspiration for the tablescape.     The wasp trap was purchased at a gas station in Oxford, MS.    I bought it for the color and the shape, but may actually use it for its intended purpose because I see wasps flying around outside my sun porch.   My sweet sister gave me the floral painted terra cotta pot with a plant cutting in it.

This table was a dumpster find and has proved to be a multi-tasker.    In addition to being a source of  tablescape possibilities, it serves as a tomato ripening station.  I have started a collection of bottles which I hope will one day adorn a bottle tree.   If you click on the picture and look closely, you can see a cardinal on the bird feeder in the background.   He is probably eyeing my tomatoes.

I like how the arbor in the background frames the bottles in this shot.

Don’t you just love the colorful reflections?

 

The lime green bowl was a gift from my honey.     When the sun hits it, a myriad of patterns and colors appear on the ceiling. 

It is difficult to catch the true beauty of the reflection with my point and shoot but these two photos may give you an idea of the spectacular light show on my ceiling on sunny days.

Wishing you colorful reflections,

Marlee

I will be partying with these fabulous women and encourage you to pay them a visit.

Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

Show off Your Cottage Monday @ The House in the Roses

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm

Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life

Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style

 

 

 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love those bottles! My bottle tree (a honey locust trunk painted turquoise with nails sticking out and a bird house with tiny Elvis bust) has deteriorated substantially and won't hold bottles any more, or even stand on its own. So I cut some low limbs off of a couple of redbuds and sumacs and stick the bottles on the limb stubs.

Gotta have a bottle tree somehow if you're in the south (imo).

Beth said...

Love your colorful bottles - they are stunning! Our bottle tree has red, green, blue and clear wine bottles. Have a wonderful week!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Marlee! What a wonderful post! Your table setting is pretty and those colored bottles are gorgeous!
Thank you so much for popping in to see me and hope you'll come back sometimes.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Stunning colours here...and I simply love colours! Beautiful table. Love those bottles...gorgeous! Thanks for sharing:) Nice space you got here.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What interesting photos you've presented here! Fun!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the colorful bottles! And a dumpster table find...so thrifty!
Blessings!!

we three dogs and me said...

I love how the bottles reflect on the table. I would be inclined to leave them there its so pretty.

Angela McInnis said...

Love, love, love the bottles! Great table too!! Do NOT be intimidated, you are a blooming tablescaper!! :)
Angela

Gail said...

Love all the joyous colors and the light play on the ceiling. Thanks for sharing.

Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

Those bottles are awesome...all that color puts a smile on my face - great reflection too :)

I grew up on the MS Gulf Coast and am now in the NW - please send sun/heat our way!!

Hope you'll stop by, I'm having a Home Goods gift card giveaway.