Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Secret Garden

Since most of the flowers and plants in my yard are not blogworthy due to the lack of rain and brutal heat that has been inflicted upon them going on three months now, I chose to take a few pictures of the grounds at my office.    There we have a professional landscaping crew who nurture them and manage to keep them alive despite the weather conditions.

My favorite spot is a secret garden nestled between two buildings.     When the weather is pleasant, I love to go to there on my lunch break and read.

secret garden entrance

Beyond the arbor is the entrance to the secluded secret garden.

sg1

My favorite place to sit and read and reflect is on the swing to the right of the fountain where the only sound I hear is the soothing trickling of the water.

sg3

Knock out roses are in abundance in the secret garden.

butterfly2

My only companions in the secret garden are butterflies and squirrels.   The squirrels refused to pose for me.

butterfly1

Alas, the clock is about to strike one which means my lunch hour is over and I must leave the secret garden and return to the reality of the office where there are no butterflies, just pests.

sg2

Thanks for visiting today and joining me in the secret garden.

Marlee

I am linking to Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer.

Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more...

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for sharing your secret garden that you like to visit....I can see why you like to spend time here. I like your comment about returning to work...where there are no butterflies only pests..haha cute.

Linda said...

What a pretty place to spend your lunch hour!

Designing Lady Jane said...

What a beautiful place! How lucky you are you have such an inviting area to go for 'destressing' during your lunch break. Enjoy! I know I would.

Light and Voices said...

Marlee, this is a really nice place to have lunch and relax before going back to work. Thanks for sharing.
Joyce M

xinex said...

I love your secret garden, Marlee. I have one too. I posted about lantana and butterflies too, but not in the secret garden...Christine

Anonymous said...

What a delightful place to take a break from work. When the heat breaks, I'm betting you'll enjoy it even more.

Kim Gillian said...

Love the Secret Garden!! I would spend my lunch hour there also!!
-Kim :)

RobinfromCA said...

The perfect place to spend a lunch hour! Hopefully none of the pests will discover your secret...;-)

Jeanne said...

What a lovely place to eat lunch. It IS a secret garden. Quiet and serene as well as so pretty.
xo, Jeanne