Tuesday, September 6, 2011

TS Lee

I hope you all had a restful Labor Day weekend!     My adventurous spirit kicked in and my honey and I headed down to our South Alabama home despite the threat of Tropical Storm Lee.   I underestimated the power of Mother Nature.

This is the view from the front of our house after TS Lee paid us a visit. You can barely see the two sections of our driveway which are located on each side of the sago palm “island”.

front yard

This is how our backyard looked after our uninvited visitor showed up.

This is how it usually looks.

The only part of our back yard that didn’t flood is this berm.   It ended up being the spot we, along with our neighbor, placed our mowers for safekeeping during the storm.

Due to the street flooding of the only way out, we were stuck at home until the afternoon when the water receded.   I am not complaining though because I know others weren’t as lucky as we were.     My heart and prayers goes out to all those who were impacted by Lee or Irene or the wildfires in Texas.

Thanks for visiting (except for you TS Lee)!

Marlee

I am linking to Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer.

Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more...

1 comment:

Miss Kitty said...

Wow Marlee! Thank you for sharing those photos. I live in Alabama (did you get over here this past weekend?) and we got a lot of rain but obviously not as much as you did. I'm glad you are OK physically.