Tuesday, March 13, 2012

In Full Bloom

It was a lovely day so I decided to walk around the grounds at work during my lunch break.    The azaleas are in full bloom and have really brightened up the gloomy days we have been experiencing.

Each stairwell is surrounded by azalea bushes.

azaleas5

A ring of white azaleas surrounds this tree.

azaleasatwork

And this one also.

azaleas2

I love the contrast of the white azaleas in front of the fuchsia colored ones.

azaleas6

This is a close up of the blooms on one of the azaleas that is taller than me.   No telling how old these bushes are.    I have worked here for 25 years and have been enjoying their beauty each spring.

azaleas4

And last but not least, my favorite spot at work…the secret garden that I wrote about here.   The daffodils rise above the johnny jump ups and pansies.    It is interesting to view the secret garden during the different seasons.   No matter what time of year it is, something is always blooming.

fountain

“Where flowers bloom, so does hope.” – Lady Bird Johnson

Til next time,

Marlee

Linking to:

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer.

OW_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb[1]

5 comments:

In the Company of Me said...

Those are pretty blooms! I don't think I've seen an azalea yet. I also love the accompanying quote from LBJ. Have a great week.

Hazel said...

At first I thought they were bougainvilleas. Azaleas are pretty. Love your secret garden!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Your flowers are lovely!

Kim, USA said...

Oh my Azaleas in different colors, awesome!

Outdoor Wednesday

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year. The Azaleas are beautiful!