Friday, July 2, 2010

Backyard Blooms

Hi y'all. I am linking this post to Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.



It's been a busy week at work so I haven't had time to do much of anything that is blogworthy. I have been watering plants though so I thought I would share pictures of some of my favorite plants in my backyard.



This is called a Blazin' Lime Bloodleaf Coleus. This plant is almost 3 ft. tall and still growing.



This is my wildflower garden where I just threw out zinnia and sunflower seeds. The best is yet to come with this one because not all the sunflowers have bloomed. A red sunflower is close to blooming and I will share a picture of it when it does.



This is my pink mandevilla vine. It has almost made its way to the top of the pergola.



Caladiums in a pot on the deck.



The Big Hib (not the real name of it, just my nickname for it)....a perennial hibiscus...these blooms are almost the size of a paper plate.





And last, but not least, a strawberry cake with chocolate icing that my 16 year old son baked. He was in the mood for cake so he went to the store, bought a mix and a can of icing and made a four layer cake. It is very yummy. Not too shabby for the first cake he has ever made. Way to go Nick. Keep those cakes coming.


Have a Happy 4th of July everyone!! God Bless America!!


Marlee


No comments: