Sunday, July 4, 2010

Proud to Be an American

I am linking to the strut your stuff Red, White & Blue party @ somewhat simple.



Happy Independence Day!! The baby backs are on the smoker, the hamburgers are about to go on the grill, the sweet tea is made and there is chocolate pie in the fridge so life is good here!

The fourth kinda slipped up on me this year so I didn't get much decorating done but I did want to share with you a picture of my 4th of July tablescape (and I use the word tablescape loosely). Note the hungry gnome in the background waiting on his burger.



I went all out with this tablescape and used my finest paper goods. I managed to find a set of wooden stars hidden away in a drawer and placed them in a vase. And I found my lighted stars and flags and draped them over a plant on my sunporch. We are feeling the spirit of the 4th here in Mississippi!



Wishing you and yours a Happy 4th!

Marlee


No comments: