Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Love Me Some Pumpkins

As a lover of pumpkins, I was thrilled to see that Beth at Food As Art was hosting a Pumpkin Party so I decided to join in with all you pumpkin lovers and share my pumpkins with you.

The white pumpkins are my only real pumpkins.    The rest are fake faux.    Love the little mini boos.    These cuties sit on the island in my kitchen.

This glittery pumpkin which was a Home Goods find occupies the end of my fireplace mantel.    I added the bow.

My stained glass pumpkin sits on the hearth.     Love the way the light reflects on the tile.

This is the centerpiece of my dining table.

This was a fun modge podge project.     I covered some $1.00 pumpkins from the dollar store with animal print napkins.

This is my foyer.     The glass balls on the lamp remind me of pumpkins.

And last but not least, here is a ceramic pumpkin vignette on a small demilune table in the hallway by my foyer.

Anyone interested in a simple recipe whose only two ingredients are  pumpkin and chocolate cake mix?    If so, read on.   I have to admit that I have not made it yet, but plan to bake some of these this weekend.    This recipe came from the Hungry Girl newsletter and is a Weight Watchers Fave.

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

1 box devil’s food cake mix

1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)

Directions:     Mix the two ingredients together.   Don’t add anything else that may be mentioned on the back, such as eggs, oil or water.    The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother.    DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING!   Place batter into muffin tins or mini muffin tins lined with paper or sprayed with non-stick spray.     Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.    Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

1 muffin or 3 minis – 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein – 4 WW points

I can’t wait to bake some of these.     Thanks for stopping by to see my pumpkins.    If you try the recipe, please let me know how it turns out.

Marlee

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Lovin' your stained glass pumpkin! The recipe sounds great, I've made similar and they work out well-enjoy:@)

Lenora said...

Love the mirror on the table - thanks for the creative ideas! - Please do drop by our pimpkin Party!
The Jack-O-Lantern

Cortney said...

I had forgotten about your animal print pumpkins, it was nice to see them again! It makes me want to get some pumpkins too...but maybe I'll just buy them for my students instead of my home b/c I'm not sure if I can decorate them in time.

Unknown said...

Oh my, I loved all these unique and interesting fall pumpkin table and home decorations! My grandkids would love those animal print pumpkins and your glittery pumpkin reminds me of a favorite snowman I used to have. Such a fun visit for this fall pumpkins blog party.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Your stained glass pumpkin is to die for. I have never seen one like it.

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Two ingredients... that's my kind of recipe!
Annette

Jacqueline said...

Stopping by from Beth's.
What gorgeous pumpkins. I love the real white ones and I love the ceramic white ones. They are all so elegant.

Those mod podge ones are killer. My girlfriend needs those. Maybe I should hop on over to the dollar store before they are all gone for the season. So great.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful at your house...so fallish and stylish and I love all the recipes people are posting. Happy Pumpkin Party :)

Rettabug said...

Marlee, I am TOTALLY in love with your stained glass pumpkin! I have never seen one before & yours is beautiful. Such an impact with that soft, welcoming glow.

I'm glad you found my carrot fingers & deviled spider eggs helpful. They sure were a hit with the kidlets.

Beth said...

Marlee, Your stained glass pumpkin is so pretty! Love your mod podged/fabric coated pumpkins - talk about unique! Your table centerpiece and vignette in the foyer are gorgeous! Marlee, I thank you for coming to the Pumpkin Party.
Blessings, Beth