Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Humble Beginning

Wow…it’s been rush rush rush these past few weeks and I haven’t done much blogging.    I have missed it and intend to remedy the situation right now.     Lynn at Happier Than A Pig in Mud is hosting a Reason for the Season party and I am happy to share my nativity sets with you.

My honey and I purchased this set of porcelain nativity figures at a Christmas shop in the Smoky Mountains about 20 years ago.   Being the handy guy that he is, he built the stable out of leftover materials.     The roof is cedar shingles and he used two sticks from the yard to hold the roof up.     This set holds a special place in my heart.

A close up of the Baby Jesus….the true Reason for the Season.

My glass nativity set in the background is sitting on a mirror behind this ornament.    I couldn’t get a good picture of it but I love how it sparkles in the light.

The two white and gold ornaments came from Cracker Barrel a couple of years ago.     I bought several and gave them as Christmas gifts to my sons’ Sunday school teachers.

This cute little nativity set came from The Dollar Tree and you guessed it, it cost $1.00.      These were gifts to Sunday school teachers also.

A panoramic view of my nativity sets….they sit on a dresser in my foyer with a string of white lights backlighting the display.

Thank you for stopping by.

Merry Christmas!!

Marlee

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Marlee thanks so much for joining up:@) I love your nativities and how great that your hubby built the stable, it makes your set that much more special-enjoy:@)

Pam Kessler said...

I guess I missed you at the Reason for the Season party. Those white and gold ornaments are precious. You're a good teacher gift giver.