Thursday, December 2, 2010

Viva Las Vignettes!

The lovely Rhoda at Southern Hospitality is hosting a Christmas Vignette party and I am thrilled to be participating in it.

I may be stretching it a bit to call this a vignette but hopefully the vignette police will not come after me.    I simply placed a garland with white lights run throughout it on my sideboard in the dining room.    I added a gold mesh ribbon, some glittery ornaments bought on clearance at Crate and Barrel, two glittery Christmas tree candles, a faux glittery candle in the middle and flickering faux candles.     The flickering faux candles were purchased this year at a Christmas store.    Everything else I already had.

This vignette is on my demi-lune table in the foyer.    The candleholder which I bought for $1.00 at a garage sale this past summer is topped with a gold glittery candle and a bow that my honey made last Christmas.       I bought the glittery reindeer at the Dollar Tree a few years ago.     The Santa is one of many in my Santa collection.     In years past, I placed them all together but this year I have spread them throughout the house and I like that much better.     They don’t get lost in the crowd.

The Martha Stewart glitter houses are on a shelf in my kitchen.     They were purchased on clearance at Macys a few years ago.

These woodland Santas and gnomes are hanging out under my nature tree on the sun porch.

I will conclude my post with the true reason for the season as depicted in my nativity sets.     The porcelain figures in the large set were purchased over 20 years ago.     My talented hubby made the stable for me.     It’s hard to tell from the picture, but there is  moss on the floor of the stable.   The two angels on each side of the nativity were gifts from a co-worker a few years ago and the angel prints were gifts from my sister.     The two white ornaments in the front were purchased at Cracker Barrel a few years back and the small wooden nativity scene on the right was purchased at Dollar Tree last year.    I don’t remember when or where I got the glass nativity that is sitting on a mirror but I have had it for a few years.     This vignette is backlit with white lights which makes the glass nativity really glow.

Thank you for stopping by.    Merry Christmas from my house to yours!

Marlee

1 comment:

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Ooh! I love it! The little nativity set is just darling!!