Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Rocking the Red

I have just about finished all my Christmas shopping and wrapping…good thing since it looks like Christmas will be here in three days whether I am ready or not.    I am linking to the Merry Rednesday party @ It's a Very Cherry World because I just happen to have lots of red going on here in my home right now.

Not only is the red going on in my home, it is going on…on my feet.  A co-worker gave me these comfy spa socks for Christmas.    They are scented like peppermint.     Too bad  scratch and sniff isn’t available on the internet yet.

                       

Enough of my sweet smelling feet.    Moving on to the red sisal tree in my den.

Earlier this week while doing some Christmas shopping I got caught up a little too much in the season and bought myself a few things for Christmas.     I do my best shopping for me when I am supposed to be shopping for others.    Does that happen to anyone else?   The red mercury glass candleholder and the large red striped mercury glass ornament were my gifts to myself.

Another purchase for me….a small tin sign.    I couldn’t pass it up…it was on clearance for 99 cents at the neighborhood drug store.

Another drug store find…this cute little red bird votive holder.    He was 50% off so for the price of $3.00 he flew home with me.

The red apple swag in my kitchen was an after Christmas buy at Michaels a few years ago.    The red rope lights that you can see a portion of in this picture are hung  throughout our kitchen.     If the kitchen had been clean, I would have taken a picture of the lights on top of our kitchen cabinets but it isn’t, so I didn’t.

My final red item is this set of Mississippi cocktail napkins.     They will be a present for a childhood friend of mine who no longer lives in Mississippi.    She lives way up in the state of Washington so we don’t get to see each other very often.    Each year I get her something that is Mississippi related to remind her of home.

It’s crunch time and I may not have the opportunity to blog anymore before Christmas so I would like to wish each and every one of you a truly blessed Christmas.

Marlee

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Everything looks so pretty and festive-hope your Holidays are Merry!!!!!