Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sun Porch Shadows

I visited the Mississippi Artist blog  Paint or Dig this morning and saw where she was participating in Shadow Shot Sunday at Hey Harriet's Photography.     The idea of shadow shots was intriguing to me so I thought I would give it a shot.  All of these pictures were taken on my sun porch this morning.

  

This odd picture shows the shadows on the floor that reflect the menagerie of sun catchers hanging in my sun porch window.

As the sun passes through this orange bottle, it reminds me of a fiery seaside sunset.

Two more perspectives of the bottle and lantern.

I need to get my head out of the shadows and into the kitchen before the boys start asking “What’s for lunch?”.    I have enjoyed participating in Shadow Shot Sunday.

Til next time,

Marlee

7 comments:

Annabella said...

So glad you are taking part as I love your shadows - particularly the orange bottle.

Legacy of Love said...

wow you sure have a good eye for shadows, really nice shots! love all the color

Hey Harriet said...

These are all great shots! Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday! I hope you all had a wonderful lunch...whatever it ended up being :)

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

"menagerie of sun catchers"

What a wonderful phrase! I think I'll "borrow" it and incorporate it into a poem someday. Thank you!


SHADOWY DINNER

A shadow, a shadow, a shadow you say?
A shadow is coming to dinner today?

Oh, what shall we feed it, and what will it eat?
Just toss down a few rays of light at its feet,

And watch its dark mouth gobble up every ray,
But be sure, my friend, you don’t get in its way;

Keep out of the light so it won’t gobble you.
(If I were the hostess, that’s just what I’d do.)

A shadow is easy to feed, so they say,
So welcome your shadow to dinner today.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher


Sad Shadows

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadow patterns!

Late visiting for SSS, here's some more shadow shots, have a great week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty shadows!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shadows, I love the way you captured the orange shadow, giving it the illusion of another bottle laying on the table.