Monday, July 1, 2013

The Fabric of My Chairs

A few months back I found a set of four cane back dining chairs at an estate sale.  The price was right so I loaded them up in the van and brought them home with me.     Now the search was on for fabric to cover the seats.  I hit all the fabric stores in the area and nothing knocked my socks off.

As tends to be the case, I find what I want when I am not really looking for it.    My sister and I were shopping at Old Time Pottery in Foley, AL and spotted a remnant of gorgeous fabric at the same time.   There was enough fabric for us to share and it only cost us $10.00 each!    

Chairs1

We covered eight chair seats, made a table runner, and have enough material left for another table runner.  I wish I had thought to take a picture of her chairs so you could see how fabulous this fabric looks with a dark wood.

The fabric is “Queen’s Garden” by Raymond Waites.

Fabric1

Fabric2

The colorful botanical fabric has really brightened up my dining room and I couldn’t be more pleased.

Thank you so much for coming by!

Marlee

The chairs and I will be partying with Linda @ Coastal Charm.  Please join us.

No comments: