Monday, July 15, 2013

Thrifting Therapy

After having a stressful week at work, I was in serious need of some thrifting therapy.   The humidity was low and I was ready to go.

I just can’t pass up a birdhouse, especially a lime green one that only costs a dollar.  The bakers rack on the sun porch was the perfect perch for it.   Can you see it there on the shelf hiding behind the trailing succulent?

Bakers Rack1

Almost everything on the bakers rack including the rack itself was bought at yard sales.

Can you believe the stores are already putting out Christmas merchandise?   The yard sales got the memo also.  Almost every yard sale I went to had holiday decorations but I restrained myself and only bought this decorated tree which I bargained down to $1.00.   The lady said it came from Pier One and I can tell it is good quality because that urn is heavy.

Tree 

I made a few other small purchases, but they are projects so I will share them another day.

Thanks for popping in!

Marlee

P.S.  I highly recommend thrifting therapy.   It can cure what ails you.

I am heading over to the Nifty Thrifty party at Coastal Charm and hope you will join me.

1 comment:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

WOW!!

You found some awesome treasures!!