Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas in Fairhope

Even though I am a Mississippi girl, there is a soft spot in my heart for Southern Alabama.     My honey and I always enjoy visiting there.

This past weekend we went Christmas shopping in  Fairhope which is a charming little town.    You park and walk around to all the cute shops and dining establishments.

One of the charms of the town is the landscaping.     No matter what time of year you visit, you are treated to gorgeous scenery.

There are literally flowers on every corner.

The street lamps are adorned simply with lanterns this year.

Santa loves visiting Fairhope also.

While walking down the main street, I couldn’t help but notice these darling gingerbread houses in one of the windows.    The one on the far end was decorated with pretzels so I guess technically it is a pretzel house.

No trip to Fairhope is complete without going by to see Matisse, the resident cat of one of the art galleries in town.   Be sure and click on the pic so you can read the sign in front of Matisse’s fancy bed.

I hope you enjoyed the stroll around Fairhope.     If you are ever in the area, it’s a must see!

Have a merry week,

Marlee

I am linking to Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer

Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more...

6 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh yes...this is our quaint little town. If I expand my business I will be going to Fairhope with it....I was there before in a downtown shop.

Blessings,
Linda

Indrani said...

Beautiful decorations, the festive mood in nature is absolutely delightful.

Designing Lady Jane said...

What a sweet town to wander through. I love the bright flowers planted around. I'd seen a gingerbread house once made up with pretzels, and thought it was the greatest thing, very log cabin. And I'd go into any shop with a handsome cat like Matisse in the window. Thanks for sharing your trip.

teresa said...

Such different scens than you see here in the northeast at christmas time. Kind of refreshing to see flowers instead of snow. It's the Christmas spirit that matters most no matter what the weather.

Andrea said...

It seems like this place doesn't have snow yet!

KB said...

Beautiful colours. My OW is up too.