Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Live Nativity

Each year it is a family tradition of ours to visit the live nativity scene at a church in our neighborhood.    Christmas carols are played in the background and visitors can drive by or park and walk up.    It is a real moving experience and gets me in the true Christmas spirit and reminds me of what Christmas is really about.

Everything was live about the performance but the Baby Jesus.    A doll was used to represent Him.

For the first time ever, they had a camel in the stable. We don’t see a lot of those around here in Mississippi!    It was a real treat for me the younger children.

“An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”
~Luke 2:9-12

Merry Christmas!

Marlee

I am linking to Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer.

Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Lovely! I have heard of these but never been to one myself. It looks like they got serious about it with the camel and all. Good fun ;) If you have time to stop by my site and follow along I would love it! www.forgottencompass.com
Thanks for sharing!