Monday, December 19, 2011

Thrifty Nativity

With all the hustle and bustle in preparation for the holidays, I haven’t found much time to go thrifting.   In addition, my ever practical hubby reminded me that  I should be buying for others, not for myself.     What a Scrooge!

While running errands on my lunch hour the other day, I saw a thrift shop I hadn’t noticed before.     I bet you can guess what happened.    My car who had not heard what Scrooge my hubby said, automatically turned into the parking lot and what was I to do but go in and take a look.

In keeping with the spirit of the season, I bought this darling little nativity for 75 cents!  I have a small collection of nativity sets, but none of them have muted colors like this one.

Nativity1

The nativity set did not come with a stable so it was sitting all by its lonesome on a shelf in my den.      Inspiration struck as I read Linda’s post on her blog, Coastal Charm, about the cute little stable she found at Target.    It looked similar to a small wooden box I already owned, so voila, I had a stable!    All I did was add some moss and a star sticker.

Nativity2

I love my thrifty nativity.   Not bad for 75 cents!

Merry Christmas my friends!    I wish you the Peace, Love, and Happiness that the true meaning of Christmas brings.

Marlee

I am linking to Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @Coastal Charm

2 comments:

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

What a sweet nativity set and it looks great in the wooden crate, good idea! Thanks for your kind comment on my wine cork reindeer. I appreciate it!

Blessings from Cindy said...

You did good!! Love the nativity & the price!! I also love thrifting & it is hard to pass by a store. Thanks for stopping by my blog & becoming a follower!! Have a Merry Christmas! I am a new follower also!
Blessings,
Cindy