Sunday, December 11, 2011

I’m Dreaming of an Aqua Christmas

Decorating Christmas trees for my home is very enjoyable to me.  I feel like they reflect who I really am and what I love about life. This year I put up three trees....an angel tree (because I am an angel - LOL); a nature tree that started out a few years ago as a bird themed tree (because I love birds and all of God's creatures) and eventually morphed into a nature tree; and a coastal themed tree (because Southern Alabama is my favorite get-away).

I shared the angel tree and the nature tree with you last year so this year I will focus on the coastal themed tree.

It is my first time to have a coastal tree.   Aqua, silver and white are the colors I chose to work with.   Lots of ornaments were needed because this baby is 9 feet tall.   Mercury glass ornaments, acrylic snowflake ornaments, aqua snowflakes, streaming ribbons and aqua and white ornaments all combined to create the color palate and look I was striving for. 

A view from the loft.

I am especially proud of the way the tree topper turned out.

The finishing touch was the aqua mesh and silver mesh being added at the base of the tree with white lights under all.

May your Christmas be merry and your trees be bright!    I think that is how that saying goes.

Marlee

I am partying at the Christmas tree party with Honey @ 2805 .

4 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lovin' your beautiful ALABAMA COASTAL TREE!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

So pretty Marlee!

Honey at 2805 said...

The blue is so pretty, very coastal cool! Thank you for linking to the Christmas Tree Party!

I have just become and friend and follower and hope you will do the same!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Your tree is just gorgeous! My front door wreath in those colors would match perfectly, lol. Love your house, too, it's beautiful.