Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Shabby Cross

Easter is tomorrow?   Yikes.    I better get hopping.    First though, I want to share my thrifty Easter “tablescape” with you.     The hubby is still in Thailand on a job assignment, so it will be a low key celebration…just the boys and my sister will be dining here.      KFC will be catering the event which is being held on the sunporch.

I felt like something was missing and I realized what it was after reading Bab’s latest post at her lovely blog,  Upstairs Downstairs….a cross!   When she purchased her cross, the sales clerk said “Without the cross, there’d be no Easter.”    This really resonated with me.

My shabby cross was purchased for under $5.00 several years ago at the Canton Flea Market in Canton, Mississippi .  I bought several and gave them as gifts.  The hurricane was an Old Time Pottery $3.00 purchase.   I have really gotten my money’s worth because the contents change often.    Oh, those jagged little  things that look like Pac Man characters are really “broken” Easter eggs on a garland.

Cross

Just this morning I purchased the wood handled Easter basket at a garage sale for $1.00.

basket

The pink tin bunny was found at Kroger Grocery Store on clearance.

bunny

So, there you have it.     My thrifty Easter tablescape.    I wish each and every one of you a blessed Easter!

I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. - John 11:25-26

Marlee

I am linking to Thrifty Tablescape @ The Thrifty Groove.   Please hop on over there for other thrifty tablescape ideas.

4 comments:

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your cross! Praise the Lord He rose on the 3rd day! And...I love your bunny! happy Easter. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

The French Hutch said...

Such a lovely basket with delightful Easter decorations. I love the tin bunny. My favorite it your cross.
Happy Easter.

~Emily
the french Hutch

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Very nice Easter display and the cross is beautiful. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog.

Diann said...

Your Easter vignette is so pretty and I love the cross! Thank you for sharing this with us at TT. I hope you have a great day!