Monday, May 13, 2013

Old Blue Eyes

At a recent estate sale, I purchased an old 3 drawer chest for $20.   When I got it home, the chest took on a new personality and began creeping me out by staring me down with its big blue eyes!   Since the sinister look is not my decorating style, I went for a slightly distressed casual coastal feel.

Chest3

Chest4

I had the paint supplies and décor on hand so all this cost me was the $20 I paid for the chest which is now functioning as my night stand.

Oh and just in case you were wondering, here is a picture of Old Blue Eyes giving me one last look before the re-do.

Chest1

Thank you so much for visiting today!

Marlee

The chest formerly known as Old Blue Eyes and I will be partying with Linda’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a bargain! I like the new look you gave it a lot better too!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Marlee,
Love what you did with this dresser!! Charming!!

I am your newest follower and have added you to my Blog Rolls!

Hugs,
Deb