Monday, June 3, 2013

Rocking the Tropical Sea

After a year of trying to work up the courage to do it, I took the plunge and painted the front door of our coastal Alabama home turquoise.   The hardware was spray painted black in an effort to minimize costs.    The paint color is Tropical Sea by Behr and is more of a greenish turquoise than a blue.  I think it looks good with the yellow siding and am very happy with the way it turned out.

Rocker2

This is how the door looked before I coastified it.  The dark hunter green with yellow trim wasn’t doing it for me.

Green Door

The rocker was an estate sale purchase for $20.00.    Ironically it was hunter green also and I painted it white since my mission at this point was to remove all hunter green from the property.

Rocker1

Have you painted anything recently that was out of your comfort zone?

Thanks so much for popping in.    Come back anytime!

Marlee

I will be rocking the tropical sea with Linda @ Coastal Charm and hope that you will join me.  Lots of inspiration there.

1 comment:

Judy Biggerstaff said...

You are a brave woman, I love the color turquoise. It's one of my favorites. I like the way you used the pillow with the turquoise to tie the door and pillow together. Good job.