Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Mantel of Lights

Ok, here I come sneaking in at the last moment to the Funky Junk Interiors Mantel Party . I just found this cute blog a few minutes ago and thought I would join in.

I love to decorate my mantel and always change it during the seasons. One thing always remains constant though....lights! I currently have gold lights on the mantel placed underneath a gold mesh fabric. It doesn't translate too well in the pictures, but it really does create a nice, cozy effect. There are also some white lights on the hearth in the apothecary jar and woven through the branches in the large clear vase both of which were gifts from my hubby. He always picks out the best gifts! The artwork came from Kirklands. I bought it with a gift certificate that my co-workers gave me.


My sister gave me the green olive vase, one of my sister in laws gave me the small yellow vase and another sister in law gave me the Blenko handcrafted vase which she purchased while visiting West Virginia.


I bought the lantern at Crate & Barrell a couple of years ago and the books originally belonged to my parents.


Thanks for taking the time to look at my mantel. Have a great week.

Marlee

No comments: