Sunday, May 22, 2011

Country to Chic

My decorating style 20 years ago was country.     I was really into hearts and had quite a few in my home, some of which were made by my talented hubby.    One of his creations was this cabinet he constructed  for the dressing area of the master bathroom.

It has provided much needed storage but was way over do for a makeover so we hauled it out to the carport and the transformation began.

I knew I wanted to paint it white but I didn’t know what I wanted to do with the doors.     And then it came to me!     Beadboard!!   We had some beadboard and paint (Cottage White by Behr) left over from another project so I painted and the handy husband inserted beadboard on the doors.

Here you can see a close up of the beadboard doors.   I really wish I had taken a picture of the cabinet before we brought it in because it was almost impossible to take a good picture in our small bathroom.    The search is on for cute knobs.

This is the top shelf.    The stained glass lamp was a gift from a family member and the small red bottle (which has a crown imprint on it) was given to me by my aunt many years ago.     I hand painted the phrase boule de coton (french for cotton ball) on the glass jar which I purchased at Wally World.

The addition of a mirror and a light under the shelf makes this the perfect place for me to put my makeup on.    There is no natural lighting in the bathroom and the white of the cabinet has made the room seem not quite so dark.

A hook was placed on the side to hang my zebra print shower wrap.    I am very pleased with this thrifty transformation.

Thank you so much for visiting!    I hope you have a lovely week!!

Marlee

I will be linking to the following parties:

SouthernHospThriftyTreasures copy_thumb

Today’s Thrifty Treasures @ Southern Hospitality

Met Monday  @ Between Naps on the Porch

 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays @ Coastal Charm

Photobucket

Wow us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style

6 comments:

Grammy Goodwill said...

Your transformation is a great one.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Aren't you lucky to have a husband who can make and then update furniture pieces for you? There were a lot of hearts in my apartment about 20 years ago. Things change, don't they?

Simple Daisy said...

OOh...what a great transformation!!!! I love the fact that your hubby made that for you and you decided to re-purpose it rather than throw it away:)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

My goodness...this is one awesome looking makeover...love the bead board!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said...

that is an amazing makeover!! It was cute back then too, I'm glad you updated it though! You guys did a great job!!

Trish said...

Well done! It looks great :-)
blessings..Trish