Tuesday, May 10, 2011

From Loquats to Zinnias

                                                            Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!     I am linking to the Outdoor Wednesday party at A Southern Day Dreamer.  

A few years ago my husband planted this loquat tree (also known  as a Japanese plum).     It produced fruit for the first time this year and it was very tasty.

It’s a constant battle to keep  my dog from eating the fruit that has fallen to the ground.    I don’t want him getting a tummy ache!

Here is a close up of the fruit.

Let’s move on to my zinnia garden, shall we?

The shade was closing in on me as I shot this pictures earlier.

I would like to end today by saying that my heart goes out to those affected by the flooding along the Mississippi river.    You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for visiting.     Please come back soon.

Marlee

4 comments:

Honey at 2805 said...

Looks like your garden is thriving! Lovely.

LV said...

You have a nice garden. The fruit looks very tasty off your tree. Your pup knows a good thing when he sees it.

Linda said...

Enjoying your wonderful photos!!!

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Love your zinnias. My shih-tzu is a fruit eater too if he gets half a chance.